Friday, September 29, 2006

Defining NSMS

WHO ARE WE? I do not anticipate NSMS will ever be the huge organization ASSE is (they've got a lock on the industry), and there's no need to be, but we may become perceived as an.. "American Society of Safety Management" or an "American Safety Quality Society" similar to the American Quality Society www.asq.org organization. We can focus on management, leadership, organizational development, organizational psychology, as they relate to safety.

WE ARE AN EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY

WE ARE THE JOURNAL. The point is, hey, let's get the Journal of Safety Management going again. I would like to produce a style guide, and I think to get members and others motivated, we can have a call for papers.

WE ARE CONFERENCES. Our attempt to get a safety conference going is laudable, but I think February is not doable. We may want to think more strategically and shoot for something in 2008 or so. There is so much foot work involved in planning a conference. We need to conduct a call for papers for the conference too. Hey, I'd love to present at the conference. I've got a great track record and am well known in the NW.

P.S. September is the 40th Anniversary of NSMS.

What's your opinion. What direction should NSMS take in our second 40 years?

Steve Geigle

5 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Judi Coyne, NIOSH PPT Program said...

If this conference happens, you might want to consider inviting NIOSH to participate.

We have an upcoming Stakeholders Meeting to discuss Personal Protective Technology. This meeting will be held on March 3, 2009 in Pittsburgh. Remote participation is available.

Please visit our website at www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl for for information

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger David Rowe said...

I am trying to contact the NSMS and get my membership information. I applied and was accepted a month or two ago and have received no paperwork or member number. If anyone has any contact with this organization please let me know so that I can get in touch with them.

Thank you.
My email address is safety01@hughes.net

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Tom said...

I would be interested in knowing more about the history of the NSMS.

Tom Anderson

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Geigle, I recently took the CSHM test and scored a 55. I received a comprehensive exam study guide from Dr. Turner at Georgia Tech. This book was prepared by you and published in 2005. I will take it a again but it seems like only 25% of the material in this study was on the test, is it that out dated? If so what do you suggest?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger safetysupervisor said...

NSMS is regarding workplace safety . Actually i dont know about it . Does it provide training to safety manager who provides safety at workstations .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home